22 kW Total Home Backup Generators Affordable For All
Your REMC offers huge member discounts on the total home backup generator and optional equipment, plus gives you one year to pay!
Here is how the plan works:
After completing the paperwork and credit check, REMC will install the generator, transfer switch, and optional equipment and make sure the generator runs properly. Your 1st payment is $1,250 plus any additional material, and 1 year pro-rated maintenance not to exceed $300. The remaining balance will be paid in 3 equal quarterly payments - interest free.
REMC retains ownership of the unit until paid in full. Member is responsible for availability of LP or Natural Gas fuel source to the generator. Call for details.
Generator Load Shed Program FAQs
What type of generator does the REMC provide?
Southeastern Indiana REMC is an authorized Select Generac Dealer. We have certified technicians available to quote, sell, install and service Generac back-up generators. Unit comes with a 3 year parts/labor warranty.
How does a generator work?
The generators provided by the REMC have an automatic transfer switch which is located next to your electrical main. This switch monitors incoming voltage 24 hrs a day, 365 days a year. When a break in your electrical service occurs, the switch immediately signals the generator to power up. It safely closes off the utility line and simultaneously opens up a new power line from the generator.
How loud is the generator when it is running?
In a quiet test mode, during weekly operation, the level is 65 DBA (measurement of sound pressure) at 20 feet. Normal emergency operation is 78 DBA at 20 feet. In comparison, a typical riding lawn mower is 90 DBA at 20 feet.
How much does a generator cost?
Providing all eligibility requirements are met, the Generator Load Program Offers generators to members at a 25% discounted price of the actual installed cost.
Details about Generac Pre-Packaged Emergency Power Systems (generators) provided by SEI REMC:
- Automatic engine start/stop
- 22 kw generator weighs 550 pounds
- Provides emergency power to the entire house
- Dimensions are Length x Width x Height (49x26x29)
- Can be operated by either liquid propane or natural gas
- At 50% load, a generator will use 1.78 gallons per hour
- Automatic electric load transfer to the “live” source of electricity
- Overspeed / low oil / high temperature / low coolant level shutdowns
- Most powerful, fully automatic, enclosed generators of its size available anywhere
- SEI REMC will set unit on 3” of gravel included in cost of Generator, member may purchase a
pre-formed steel re-enforced pad for $200, or supply a mounting pad of their choice
- Member responsible for providing fuel source (LP or natural gas) to generator. Minimum LP gas tank of 300 gallon or larger with 2 regulators.
- Must carry a $300.00 annual maintenance agreement.
- Must place unit within 10 feet of meter base, unless other arrangements are made during the site survey.
- Must agree to have a Demand Response Unit (DRU) installed for load control purpose.
- Must have electric water heater, central air (heat pump, geothermal, or gas furnace w/central air).
- Must be a member in good standing.
Member costs may vary depending on additional materials needed for install.